HFUMC History

1854      Hartwell Methodist Episcopal Church was established

1859      Present location purchased

1859      First church building built

1880      Church was remodeled

1891       New 1050 pound bell was installed

1897      Old building sold at public auction

1897      Present sanctuary was built

1952      Three story educational building constructed

1953      First parsonage built (O’Neal house)

1963      Sanctuary remodeled

1980      Gym and Family Life Center added

1987      HFUMC listed on National Historic Registry

2007     Fourteen  acres were purchased adjacent to the church property

Formerly Springs Industries

Named the area Page-Thronton Park

A new Gym/Youth/Young Adult built

2009     New worship center/fellowship hall and children’s education building constructed

2018     The adjacent property’s between the current worship center and bank avenue were purchased by the church for expansion opportunities!