12/9 Monday, Second Week of Advent – Where Am I Going?
Scripture: Luke 5:26 “Amazement seized all of them, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying, ‘We have seen strange things today.”
C.S. Lewis – “…. Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before.”
C.S. Lewis has previously made distinctions between natural law and convenient law. For today, we reflect upon his ideas regarding choice and morality. He makes it very clear that we are always moving and growing either in love or in hate, in sacred or secular, or either choosing God or choosing the Devil.
God’s law is true and constant, faithful and just. It is just the human element that messes it up. There are few things that are simply black and white issues. We must trust with our heart and move ahead with love and respect in our heads.
We must choose right over wrong ALWAYS in deed and in thought! It’s hard! Life is hard!!!!
Our own Dick Philips compiled some “tried and true” sayings in a book entitled “Old ‘Saws’ Ring True.” Here are a few:
- Cooperation begins with understanding.
- Change is the classic challenge. To grow, you must change. To progress, you much change. To improve, you must change.
- The three grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.
- Start this very instant to do the things you know you ought to do and quit doing the things you know you ought not to do!
- When there are two men in a business who always agree, one of them is unnecessary.
Prayer – Lead me in your way, O Lord. (Please give me the courage to accept it!)